IEDS DELIGHTFUL DAHLIAS ON DISPLAY, 2019
THEME: THE YEAR OF THE DAHLIA
(CONTINUED)- ARRANGEMENTS- SECTION (CLASS ) - 31
GLOSSARY: Accessories and embellishments are to play a very small part in the arrangements design.
a. Accessory - Anything added to a design, other than, plant material, container, base, background, or mechanics. Accessories are subordinate to the othe elements of the design.
b. Dominant - The stronger effect of one or more of the elements in the design. Dahlias must be dominant in all classes.
c. Embellishment - Any artificial addition to additional plant material that changes the plant material's appearance, such as paint, glitter, and etc.
LOT 1 - Summer - Vertical - May use glads and a small accessory, both optional
LOT 2 - Fall - Designers Choice - with Grains and/or Grasses
LOT 3 - Winter - Horizontal - May use glads : Small Accessory or Embellishment is optional
LOT 4 - Spring - Water - Accessory is optional
SECTION (CLASS) 32 - BOUQUETS
1. Use White Entry Tags.
2. An Old Fashioned Bouquet of Dahlias, only, any size or color. Fresh greenery, Optional.
3. Exhibitor may use own container/vase or one provided by the IEDS. Identify your container on the bottom
with your name and phone number.
4. Live plant material only, may be used.
5. Dahlias, for Bouquets, must be grown and staged by the exhibitor.
6. Use the same advancement definitions as found in Arrangement information.
7. There is no Sweepstakes for the Bouquet class.
SECTION (CLASS ) 33 - BASKETS
1. Use White Special Tags.
2. Dahlia Blooms for Basket must be grown and staged by the exhibitor.
3. Baskets must have handles. Identify your basket on the bottom with your name and phone number.
4. Natural fill in foliage with or without inconspicuous flowers and/or berries will be allowed.
5. The first or lower blooms may be shown without the first pair of leaves.
6. Large and Small baskets will be judged separately. There will be a best large and a best small basket.
6. There is no Sweepstakes for the Basket Class.
LOT 1: LARGE BASKET LOT 2: SMALL BASKET - approximately 12" IN DIAMETER
SECTION (CLASS ) 34 - DAHLIA ADS SEEDLINGS - BENCH
Use White Tags and American Dahlia Society 2019 Seedling Bench Evaluation. Offered in cooperation with the American Dahlia Society. Open to all exhibitors. Show officials and exhibitors must read and adhere to the rules for entries and judging as printed in the 2019 ADS Classification and Handbook of Dahlias.