IEDS DELIGHTFUL DAHLIAS ON DISPLAY, 2019
SECTION (CLASS) 30 - SPECIAL DAHLIA CATEGORIES
USE WHITE ENTRY TAGS FOR LOTS 1-6 - Check with judging chair for the forms needed to judge the seedlings.
LOT 1: People's Choice - Only one entry per exhibitor. Only one of the same variety can be shown.
Ballots will be counted at 1:30 p.m. , Sunday
LOT 2: Dahlia of the Year - HOLLYHILL MONET- WL
LOT 3: NW Origination - In Memory of Donna Black - Use Varieties Hybridized by Ed & Donna Black: such as, Lobo and Ed Black.
LOT 4: 1st Year Seedling
LOT 5: 2nd Year Seedling
LOT 6: 3rd Year Seedling
SECTION (CLASS) 31 - ARRANGEMENTS
THEME: THE YEAR OF THE DAHLIA
1. Sweepstakes points will be awarded for arrangements in Lots 1-4 as follows: 100 points for a blue ribbon and 50 points for a red.
2. Use the theme and classes as shown (traditional, mantle, hall, dining table, coffee table, etc.)
3. Arrangements must be entered in the class appropriate to the theme. All classes are interpretive.
4. Accessories and Embellishments are allowed where specified.
The Judging Scale is as follows: Design (40 points), Color Harmony (20 points), Expression(20 points), and
Distinction (20 points) TOTAL: 100 points
RULES FOR ARRANGEMENT'S CLASS:
1. Use White Special Tags. Fill the tags out completely, Include the name of the Lot. Add dahlia names, if possible.
2. Exhibitor may not have more than one entry in any lot, but may enter as many lots as desired.
3. The design must be the original work and placed by the exhibitor.
4. All containers and accessories need to be marked, inconspiculously, with the exhibitor's name and phone number. Exhibitor is responsible for picking up items after, 8:30 on Sunday, unless other arrangements have been made.
5. Dahlias only must be used in all classes, unless otherwise noted. The dahlia must be the dominant flower.
6. Dahlias need not be grown by the exhibitor. Dahlia buds are allowed in this class, also natural filler with or without inconspicuous flowers or berries.
7. All fresh plant material must be used. No artificial material permitted, unless otherwise specified.
8. The same rules apply as previously documented for Sweepstakes ties.
9. Container/vase should not overwhelm the arrangement. The focal point should be the dahlias.
ARRANGEMENTS - CONTINUED ON PAGE 7