Type your paragraph here.
Type your paragraph here.
IEDS DELIGHTFUL DAHLIAS ON DISPLAY, 2019
CONTINUED: RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS
13. JUDGES NEED TO MAKE SURE CLERKS ARE ENTERING THE CORRECT SPELLING OF DAHLIA'S NAME FOR ALL ENTRIES. This can be done when the team is checking to make sure the tag has correct name. Clerks aren't always familiar with the name and spelling of the dahlia names and hand writing of the exhibitor can, sometimes, be hard to read. Help your clerks, please. We need to slow down a bit when judging. Thank you for your patience.
14. Exhibitors shall keep their exhibits fresh and in show quality condition for judging, making sure there is plenty of water in the container, especially when being judged, but please, not over flowing. Make sure your container isn't leaking. If there was help filling vases with water and foam don't assume it has enough water
15. JUDGES - ALL PLACEMENT PUNCHES MUST BE PUNCHED, INCLUDING SKILL LEVEL- EX: PROGRESSION IS - 1ST PLACE - BEST OF TYPE - SKILL LEVEL - CLASS CHAMP, ETC., FOR THE AWARDS TO BE GIVEN. DO NOT SKIP SKILL LEVEL PUNCH. PUNCH OUT THE EXACT PLACEMENT/ AWARD SPACE. PUNCH SPACE DIRECTLY, 1ST PLACE, FOR EXAMPLE: DO NOT PUNCH BETWEEN TWO PLACEMENTS, SUCH AS: HALF OF 1st PLACE AND HALF OF 2nd PLACE, FOR EXAMPLE. THEY MUST BE PUNCHED, AS EXACT AS POSSIBLE. THE AWARDS COMMITTEE CANNOT ASSUME WHICH PLACEMENT IS CORRECT.
16. IN CASE OF AN INCORRECT PUNCH, PLEASE, WRITE AN X THROUGH THE WRONG PUNCH ON BOTH THE TOP, FRONT, BACK AND BOTTOM OF TAGS. MAKE SURE ALL THREE AREAS PUNCHED ARE CORRECT.
17. PLEASE PUNCH THE NO AWARD SPACE, IF THERE IS NO AWARD GIVEN. iT IS A GOOD IDEA TO WRITE WHY NO AWARD IS GIVEN. DON'T WRITE IT ON THE FRONT OF THE TAG. WRITE IT ON THE BACK OF THE TOP TAG.
18. There will be a best of Show Single Bloom awarded.
19. Sweepstakes for Single Blooms Section (Class) 1- 29, will be awarded to Youth, Novice, Amateur and Open levels. You will need to win at least 3 First Place Awards, to be in the running for Sweepstakes, in your level.
20. All blooms shown in competition, including blooms in baskets and bouquets, must have been grown by the exhibitor. Arrangements are the only exception.
21. Judges will not move arrangements. Make sure your arrangement is placed in the correct class/lot on the table. Arrangements will be judged, only if, they are in their correct Class/Lot.
22. Arrangements are in competition for the Arrangements Sweepstakes section, only. Read Rules for Arrangements in Section/Class 31.
23. There will be an ADS Seedling Bench. READ YOUR CLASSIFICATION BOOK FOR ALL OF THE RULES ON SHOWING SEEDLINGS IN OPEN AND ON THE BENCH. THOSE RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED OR THE ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
24. Triple entries are excluded from this show, other than the ADS Seedling Bench. This is due to space limitations.
25. Artificial support, for blooms, above the container is prohibited.
26. Named ADS varieties only, when entered into competition in ADS shows.
27. Disseminated dahlias, when entered as classified into competition, in ADS Shows, will not be disqualified, *****nor will they receive a prize/award or penalty points for being over sized or undersized. The dahlia bloom will be judged on it's own merits or lack of. See page 11 of the classification book, for definition