IEDS DELIGHTFUL DAHLIAS ON DISPLAY. 2019
READ ALL INFORMATION, DUE TO CHANGES - AND NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION.
SHOW RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
1. DO NOT USE ANY OLD TAGS THAT DO NOT HAVE SKILL LEVEL ADDED FOR PUNCHING ON THE TOP, BOTTOM AND/OR BACK OF TAGS. SKILL LEVEL OPTION MUST BE LISTED TO PUNCH ON ALL TAGS SKILL LEVEL TAGS. (COLORED)
2. Use the appropriate color tag for your skill level. (Open-Blue: Amateur-Pink: Novice-Orange:)
Sections/ Classes : 1-29. If you use the WRONG COLOR TAG, IT WILL be cause for no award. Please check at the entry table in staging and ask to make sure what color tag you should be using. That goes for the White tag classes, also.
3. Use WHITE tags for all other SECTION (CLASSES) .
4. ENTRY TAGS MUST BE FULLY AND CORRECTLY FILLED OUT, TOP AND BOTTOM. IF YOU ARE AN IEDS MEMBER, IN GOOD STANDING (Dues are current), YOU DON'T NEED TO WRITE YOUR ADDRESS ON THE TAGS. The dahlia information is important, in that, it is used for the ADS Classification and Handbook, not just show awards. YOU DO, HAVE TO COMPLETE, ALL OTHER INFORMATION, ACCURATELY AND COMPLETELY. DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOUR DAHLIA MATCHES THE CLASSIFICATION.
5. YOU MUST WRITE THE CLASS/SECTION NUMBER AND LOT ON YOUR TAG. THE ENTRY CAN NOT BE JUDGED WITH OUT THAT INFORMATION. YOUR ENTRY WILL BE SET BACK AND NOT JUDGED.WRITE THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT THE LOT IS. also, such as: FOR ARRANGEMENTS: SECTION/ CLASS -31: LOT - 1 - SUMMER. Write part of the description of the lot on the tag. Specials: SECTION/CLASS 30 - LOT 5 - IN MEMORY OF DONNA BLACK. YOU JUST NEED TO IDENTIFY WHAT THE LOT IS.
6. SECTION/CLASS: 1-29 - ALL TAGS MUST HAVE THE FULL NAME OF THE DAHLIA AND CLASSIFICATION, AS WRITTEN IN THE ADS CLASSIFICATION HANDBOOK. TRY TO WRITE THE NAMES OF ALL FLOWERS USED IN BASKETS, ARRANGEMENTS BOUQUETS , ETC. PATRONS ARE ALWAYS ASKING THE NAMES OF THE FLOWERS. iF ONE VARIETY IS USED IN SOME CLASSES, THEY CAN BE COUNTED FOR THE CLASSIFICATION BOOK.
7. DO NOT USE ANY ABBREVIATIONS, SUCH AS, H H FOR HOLLYHILL. Some dahlias have several colors in their description. You may use only, the first 2 or 3 most identifiable colors, on your tag. TOP AND BOTTOM TAGS MUST BE COMPLETED AND MIRROR EACH OTHER. BE SURE TO WRITE YOUR EXHIBITOR NUMBER ON BOTH TAGS, ALSO. Make sure there are no empty spaces on tag, top and bottom.
8. NO ABBREVIATIONS FOR EXHIBITOR NAME. DO NOT USE ONLY INITIALS. USE FIRST AND LAST NAMES, MIDDLE INITIALS FOR COMMON NAMES, SUCH AS: JOHN M. SMITH, would be helpful.
9. ALL TAG CHANGES MUST BE APPROVED BY THE WHOLE TEAM. If the team cannot come to the same conclusion, you must ask the Judges Chair to help decide.
10. THE TAGS MUST BE CORRECTED ON TOP AND BOTTOM OF TAG. TOP AND BOTTOM TAGS MUST MIRROR EACH OTHER. THE CHANGES SHOULD BE WRITTEN BY THE CLERK WITH THE JUDGES DIRECTION. THIS IS TO KEEP EXHIBITOR'S NAME FROM JUDGE. Punches must match on the back of tags also, where indicated.
11. A second award may be given by judges when an entry is considered unworthy of a first award. Not all classes have to have a head table bloom, if not worthy. The head table should only have quality blooms. No green centers, for example.
12. All blooms shown in competition, including blooms in baskets and bouquets, must have been grown by the exhibitor. Arrangements are the only exception.