ANNUAL IEDS DAHLIA EXHIBITOR GUIDE
PAGE 2 of 6
C. ALL TAG CHANGES MUST BE APPROVED BY THE JUDGES CHAIR AND TEAM. THEY MUST BE CORRECTED ON TOP AND BOTTOM OF TAG. TOP AND BOTTOM TAGS MUST MIRROR EACH OTHER. THE CHANGES SHOULD BE WRITTEN BY THE CLERK WITH THE JUDGES DIRECTION. THIS IS TO KEEP EXHIBITOR'S NAME FROM JUDGE.
D. JUDGES - ALL AWARD PUNCHES MUST BE PUNCHED, INCLUDING SKILL LEVEL- EX: 1ST - BEST OF TYPE - SKILL LEVEL - CLASS CHAMP, ETC., FOR THE AWARD TO BE GIVEN. PUNCH OUT EXACT AWARD SPACE. DO NOT PUNCH OUT HALF OF 1st PLACE AND HALF OF 2nd PLACE SLOTS, FOR EXAMPLE. THE AWARDS COMMITTEE CANNOT ASSUME WHICH PLACEMENT IS CORRECT. IF AN ERROR IS MADE WITH THE PUNCH, PLEASE, WRITE AN X THROUGH THE INCORRECT PUNCH ON BOTH THE TOP AND BOTTOM TAGS. PLEASE PUNCH THE NO AWARD SLOT IF NO AWARD IS BEING GIVEN.
2. Single entries: Section (Class) 1-19 - Only one entry per Class 1-5 ( Lots 1-6 you may enter as many lots as you would like) and one only one entry per Classes 6-19, per exhibitor.
3. There will be a Best of Show Single Bloom awarded.
4. Sweepstakes for Single Blooms Section (Class) 1-19, will be awarded to Youth, Novice, Amateur and Open levels. You will need to win at least 3 First Place Awards, to be in the running for Sweepstakes.
5. Sweepstake,s for Arrangements, will be given. Read Rules in Arrangements - Section #21
6. There will be an ADS Seedling Bench.
7. Triple entries are excluded from this show, other than the ADS Seedling Bench. This is due to space limitations.
8. See Special Class Section -20, for :
a. Flower of the Year- Clearview Daniel
b. People's Choice
c. 1st. 2nd and 3rd year seedlings classes, etc.
9. If entry is in the wrong class/lot, after judging has started, you can attempt to find the exhibitor to move the entry. If unable to find the exhibitor, then the Lead Judge can move it to the proper class/lot. If that class has already been judged, the entry will be set back and no award given.
a. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE NAME AND CLASSIFICATION ARE CORRECT, SO THAT YOU CHOOSE CORRECT PLACEMENT ON THE JUDGING TABLES.
b. THE FLOWER NAME AND CLASSIFICATION MUST BE WRITTEN AS IT IS IN THE CLASSIFICATION BOOK. DO NOT USE ABBREVIATIONS OF THE FLOWER NAME - EX: H H FOR HOLLYHILL. YOU MUST WRITE HOLLYHILL, FOR EXAMPLE.
. c. DO NOT USE INITIALS FOR YOUR NAME, THE EXHIBITOR. EX: P. BENTLEY OR P E B. PLEASE USE COMPLETE NAME, SUCH AS, PAT BENTLEY
d. IT IS IMPORTANT TO MIRROR THE INFORMATION ON BOTH THE TOP AND THE BOTTOM OF THE TAGS. IF TAGS ARE NOT FILLED OUT CORRECTLY, THIS COULD BE REASON FOR SETTING EXHIBIT BACK AND NO AWARDS GIVEN. IF ANY CHANGES ARE MADE ON THE TAGS BY JUDGING TEAM, THEY MUST BE MADE ON BOTH THE TOP AND BOTTOM TAGS . TOP AND BOTTOM TAGS MUST MIRROR EACH OTHER. THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR THE AWARDS COMMITTEE.
10. NO JUDGE SHALL JUDGE ANY CLASS IN WHICH HE/SHE HAS A SPECIAL INTEREST, SUCH AS SPOUSE OR ANY OTHER RELATIVE, ONE'S SELF, SIBLING, SIGNIFICANT OTHER, ETC, but shall step aside until judging of such class is complete.
11. Youth, Novice, Amateur and Open Levels will use the four digit ADS classification numbers for Classes 1-20: Lots 1:6: Flower of the Year, and any other classes where noted. Please attempt to write flower names on all special classes. CONTINUE ON PAGE 3